Probably the easiest DIY project I’ve ever done. The majority of time needed will be spent on cleaning the brick 🥴
You Will Need
- White primer paint
- Painter’s tape
- Drop cloth for the floor
- 2 large buckets
- Large wire brush
- Large paint brush and a roller
- A whole lotta rags
- Thoroughly clean entire brick surface. Use soap and water and scrub those bricks til no more black comes off. This took me FOREVER lol.
- In one bucket, mix 2 parts paint and one part water. Fill the second bucket halfway with water.
- The process of whitewashing is painting the brick with the brush/roller and then taking a rag and wiping the wet paint immediately, in order to create the rustic, distressed look. Rinse the rags in the bucket of water as you go. Be advised – because you mixed the paint with water it is a lot more messy than it usually is. I learned this the hardway lol.
- Once dry, if you want more coverage of the brick you can do more coats. Easy peasy!