My second child has a horrible habit of digging in all my damn plants 🤦🏻♀️ I have tried everything with trying to modify her behavior but she’s 2 so that was a fail. Soooo I moved most of my plants out of her reach and then had a stroke of pure genius in this homemade soil cover 😜👇🏼
What You Will Need
- Razor knife
- Single hole puncher
- Plastic disposable plates. Don’t use paper/cardboard they will rot & grow mold from the moisture in the soil
- Either tape, zip ties, or string to fasten plate to planter. Basically whatever works with the specific planter you’re using
- Using a cutting board to protect your surfaces, slice the plate in a straight line from the center to the outer edge.
- Create a wide enough opening in the center of the plate with the hole puncher so the stem of your plant can sit comfortably in the middle without touching the sides.
- Slide opening of plate around stem of plant so the plate sits on top of soil.
- Fasten to sides of planter.
- Tada! You made a soil cover to keep your gremlins out of your plants 🎉