So you took the family to the orchard for the obligatory fall apple picking trip…. And now what? Don’t worry fam I got you! I’ve perfected my apple crisp recipes over the years and incorporate my own homemade apple butter. Pretty sure you won’t find a better apple crisp recipe on the internet 🍎 just sayin 🤷🏻♀️😋
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 season baking powder
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 5-6 large apples – cores, peeled, & sliced
- 1 cup homemade apple butter
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Using an apple peeler/corer/slicer hand crank (trust me on this & go buy one), prepare apples and toss them til coated with lemon juice & apple butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a standing mixer (or mix by hand in a large bowl) combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add butter until well combined.
- Pour apple mixture into a glass/ceramic baking dish and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and top is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and/or any other desired toppings