So we all went apple picking as THE family fall activity, and now we have all these apple & nothing to do with them. One of my favorite things to make is homemade apple butter, because I use it again & again in both sweet and savory dishes throughout the season 🍁 I also highly recommended you get an apple peeler/corer/slicer. It’s this awesome little hand-crank machine that has your apple ready for cooking in minutes 😉
- 4 pounds/7-10 large apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Before you start, thoroughly wash all apples. Then core, peel, and slice the apples.
- Place apples in large pot on stove.
- Add molasses, sugars, spices, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes. You’ll want the apples to be caramelized (very dark, soft & tender) when done cooking.
- Remove from heat and allow apples to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate & use as a spread, fruit dip, or in recipes.