I mean who doesn’t love a good sangria on a hot day? But did you know it’s not just fruit & wine? Sangria is typically mixed with a spirit or liquor, and you can mix it up depending on the recipe. Generally try to match your flavors with whatever fruit is seasonal at the time.
Strawberry Rhubarb Sangria
- Rhubarb Simple Syrup (1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 cups rhubarb, diced)
- 2 bottles rose
- 1 cup citrus vodka
- Club Soda/Seltzer to taste
- 1 lime (sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups strawberries (quartered)
- In a small sauce pan, bring sugar & water to a boil and stir til sugar is dissolved
- Add diced rhubarb, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain off rhubarb pieces so only syrup remains. Let stand til cooled completely.
- Combine all ingredients besides seltzer to a glass pitcher and stir. Place in fridge to marinade for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from fridge and combine with seltzer before serving
Sparkling Melon Ball Sangria
- Honey Dew
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 2 bottles prosecco
- Pineapple juice to taste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Using a melon baller, scoop out about 1/2 a cup of balls for each melon
- Slice lemon & lime
- Combine all ingredients in your favorite pitcher and serve over ice
Peach Raspberry Sangria
- 5 large peaches – halved, pitted, & sliced thin
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 bottles white wine of choice (the sweeter the better for sangria)
- 1 cup peach schnapps of choice
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Combine wine, schnapps, and 4 out of 5 peaches in a large pitcher and store in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in raspberries when ready to serve
- Garnish each glass with a peach slice and fresh sprig of mint & serve over ice
Pina Colada Sangria
- 1 & 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup Malibu
- 2 bottles of white wine of choice
- 1 & 1/2 cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- Combine all ingredients in large pitcher and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over ice & garnish with umbrella
Cucumber Watermelon Sangria
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup fresh watermelon juice
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, diced
- 2 bottles white wine of choice
- 1 cup citrus or cucumber vodka
- In a large pitcher, add cucumber, lime slices, watermelon pieces, and mint leaves
- In a separate bowl, stir together lime juice, watermelon juice, and honey
- Pour over cucumber mixture in pitcher
- Slowly add the wine & vodka, stirring gently
- Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours
- When ready to serve, mix in seltzer water to taste.
- Serve over ice with a cucumber slice and fresh mint for garnish