- 8 ounces shredded cheese – I prefer Mexican or Taco blends, but’s really just preference
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or half & half
- 6 – 8 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup of diced yellow onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets – it’s fine to use frozen, I did
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and 2 tbsp water. Cook for 2-3 minutes until broccoli is steamed and tender.
- Saute onions in 1 tbsp butter until translucent. Set aisde.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and 1 cup cream until well blended. I used my immersion blender it’s my fav kitchen appliance ever lol.
- Lay strips of bacon across bottom of nonstick (or greased) 9 inch pie or cake pan:
7. Add broccoli & onions on top of bacon:
8. Add 6 ounces of shredded cheese:
9. Pour egg mixture over meat & veggies.
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly across top of dish.
11. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until you can jiggle the pan and the quiche doesn’t shake in the center. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Serving Size = 1 Slice
- Calories – 319
- Carbs – 5g
- Protein – 17g
- Fat – 26g
- Sat. Fat – 15g
- Cholesterol – 226mg
- Sodium – 619mg
- Fiber – 1g
- Vitamin A – 1050iu
- Vitamin C – 9.1mg
- Calcium – 250mg
- Iron – .7mg