One thing Italians do better? Food lol. The food of my people is some of the best on the planet, and to Italians cooking isn’t just preparing a meal. It’s usually an all day social gathering and an artform. My Nana would start the gravy in the morning and spend the day swatting little hands away from the pot trying to dunk bread. While I will share lots of recipes with you, I will never share the Andreottola Gravy Recipe. Sorry, it’s a family secret 😉 I will tell you this – it is a meat sauce. If you’re looking to buy sauce in a jar, the only brand I like is Prego. What can I say Italians are super proud & picky about their food 🤷🏼♀️
We call baked ziti Lazy Man Lasagna because it’s all the same ingredients just with different pasta. It’s a fam favorite and a party pleaser and there aren’t usually any leftovers.
- 1 box of ziti pasta
- 1-2 jars store bought sauce or 1 pot homemade sauce
- 15oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil ziti according to package & strain.
- Add half the sauce to the ziti & stir.
- Spoon half of ziti mixture into large glass baking dish.
- Top with ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella
- Add layer of sauce over cheese
- Spoon in the rest of the ziti mixture and top with the rest of the sauce
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil, sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella & parmesan
- Bake uncovered for additional 10 minutes